Friday 22 April 2016

Maya corrupted file- Fixed

Before I started prepping my meshes for baking, the Maya file containing the low poly mesh and the in-progress topologised mesh became corrupted. This has set me back a bit becuase of the difficulty I previously had with topologising the mesh so a lot of work has been lost. As the I am overlapping this with the next project, I tried to fix it quickly by decimating the high poly mesh to under 10000 tris. This bad for actual 3D modelling as decimated meshes are still far to complex for use. However I do not appear to have an alternative. UV mapping a decimated mesh will become very problematic as it has so many verts and edges and would take a huge amount of time to map it properly. Just only automatically unwrapping the mesh works but is still not optimized and is unhelpful for any future texture-work.



No comments:

Post a Comment