Friday 22 April 2016

Sewing the Mesh

The biggest problem I had with my pillar mesh was that I did not combine all the separate objects I used to make it in order to create one unifying mesh. This became a problem while re-topologising, as there were many faces, edges and verts underneath the surface which made it incredibly difficult. And the file corrupted.
This time round I have made a conscious effort to make sure there are no internal verts or artifacts that could affect me at later stages. This is more difficult but should eliminate a lot of problems before they can even happen.



Here you can see I have separated the different elements of the mesh, detailed them and then started reshaping them so I can target weld them all together with not internal verts.



No comments:

Post a Comment